Sunday, May 13, 2018

Brief 1: Kuratas vs Megabot Taking the Project Further


Taking the Project Further

I wanted to send it over digitally, but felt like I wanted to add something before sending it.  After speaking with peers in Crit sessions, the idea of potentially adding motion to both bots was thrown about and I began to try and animate the designs.




As this was one of my first attempts at trying to animate a character, I didn’t want to be over ambitious with them.  After looking back at the 8bit games from the likes of Atari and the characters within them, each one had a very basic idle animation where it looked like they were just breathing on the spot and I felt this was the perfect way to animate my simplistic designs.  After creating a few frames of movement, I was happy with this small animation.  I converted it into a Gif format and uploaded it online to be seen by fans and creators alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment