Sunday, May 13, 2018

OUGD603 Brief 7: Ealuation

Evaluation

This project has spanned the whole of the third year and I can safely say I’ve enjoyed every minute of it, while also developing and gaining new skills for my overall practice.  What started as a small project at the tail end of second year has now developed into somewhat of a passion project where I have found myself looking forward to the next design I would make.  In total, a rough count says I have created 150 of these simplistic pixel versions of the Transformers. An issue I found myself falling into was creating more and more of these designs but almost ignoring my other projects at the same time.  Thankfully, this did not go on for too long before I realised I had to manage my time better.

One of my big takeaways from this project would be developing my animation/motion graphics with a few of the characters.  Considering I started with a very simplistic idle animations in previous projects, it has come a long way and it is definitely something I want to continue after University.

Another personal achievement on this project would be the fact that I recreated all of the G1 movies Transformers and created the poster I set out to make from last year depicting them in the order that they appear onscreen.  I managed to send both A2 and A3 versions of this to multiple influential figures in both the Transformer community and a few designers who expressed their interest and appreciation for this project.  At the time of this submission, I haven’t heard back from them yet but hopefully I will achieve a response afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment