Sunday, May 13, 2018

OUGD603 Brief 7: Poster

Poster

For the Pixel Transformer project I’ve been working on I have a lot of outcomes that I haven’t done anything with.  To make sure this project gets seen by the public I have planned a few ways to get my work out there.

After speaking with Alec about my project, he suggested sending off to Hasbro Creative Marketing team either by post or email and see if they would like to do anything with this or give their opinions on what I have made so far.

The target audience for this would be the Transformers community who have a very large on line presence.  To make sure I can get this project seen by most of this community, I have pinpointed some of the largest accounts and people with the highest following,  These consist of TF Nation which is a convention for Transformers fans held in the UK.  Kapow and TF Source which are on line forums and shops for Transformers Merch.  Some of the biggest followings are for Transformers Toy Reviewers on the likes of Youtube, such as Thew, Peugh, Emgo plus many more who frequently promote work to the community.



To make something physical to send across I created a poster based on all the characters from the 1986 movie in order of appearances that showcase a large amount of the Transformers pixels I’ve made.  I have printed them off on A2 and put them in poster tubes which I have sent off to 6 of these influential events and personalities within the community.  I hope to hear something from them soon.

To make sure it is as accurate as possible, I watched the original film and took note as the characters appeared as I know that the fans of transformers can be nit picky when it comes to accuracy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment