Sunday, May 13, 2018

OUGD603 Brief 3: Illustration Leeds Branding Initial Ideas

Initial Ideas



To develop some ideas for what could be used, I sat with the founders of the account, Kat Williams and Kyle Prior, and began to discuss what they would like and we all began to design some ideas. For a while, we were experimenting with the I and the L of Illustration and Leeds which ended up going nowhere. After creating quite a few variations of what we could do, I started doodling the pencils we were using to write with which then led to using the pencil tip to make an I. The idea behind it was to be able to show that it was an Illustration site just by looking at the logo while also having the letter I made up from a dot on the page and the tip of the pencil. After talking to the illustrators to see if they liked it, they were very pleased with it and asked me to continue with the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment