Sunday, May 13, 2018

OUGD603 Brief 4: Shadow of the Colossus Development

Development

Due to the nature of working with Pixel art, I had to work on a very small scale and then enlarge it to the required size of 210mm wide by 280 length whilst also keeping at 300 resolution. Finding a good reference image for the games altar, I began trying to translate it into a Pixelated form beginning with the base and working up, I was happy at how it was coming across. 

As I haven’t really played the game I was in communication with an illustrator from Uni called James Moore who was giving me advice on both the game and lighting within my poster. As I was adding more and more to the submission, I was constantly getting feedback from both him and other members of illustration who were all very helpful with the design of the poster.

The more I worked on it the more I wanted to add to it. What was originally going to be just the altar had now become the full interior of the shrine with distant scenery in the background. I was happy with how it was coming across and made myself stop as I knew I could continue adding to it for days and I wanted to submit mine well before the actual submission of the deadline of 21 February 2018.


No comments:

Post a Comment