Sunday, May 13, 2018

OUGD603 Brief 6: Website development

Website

After creating a few concepts for the website and sharing it with the group, it became clear that they had a website in mind already that they wanted theirs to look like.  I didn’t want to make a carbon copy that they wanted so I tried a few different ideas 





The website itself proved to be more draining than I originally anticipated as it seems I was getting pages of changes and feedback each day I was working on it. (example). 

It proved to be very tedious in the end. In the original draft for the website, myself and Dylan had a section for us to say a bit about ourselves and the fact that we created the branding for this event, however I was told to remove this and instead Elephant Room was dubbed the branding partner.  Personally I was not very happy with this choice as it seemed Elephant Room had us working on branding the event, but where seemingly taking credit for it.  This may not have been the case, but it’s how it made us feel after all our time and hard work.  A bit sneakily, I added at the footer of each page ‘Love The Branding?  The identity and website was created by Connell Makepeace and Dylan Stott’ so people would know and be able to see our details and links to our websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment