Sunday, May 13, 2018

OUGD603 Brief 2: Iron Giant Development


Development


From the research it was clear that I would have to focus on the Iron Giant and as my more simplistic Pixel art style, the Megabot fight is what they wanted.  I felt like it was easier to showcase the scale of the giant rather than the relationship between the two characters.The beauty of the Iron Giant is that he has a very easy silhouette to recreate in this Pixel art sytle and he doesn’t have any complex colour schemes which meant he was easy to recreate in this.  To show off his scale, I added trees to the design which prove more difficult to get right without making them look like they were made on Microsoft Paint.The hardest part for this poster was trying to recreate the Iron Giant logo in the Pixel style.  It proved too hard to do at the scale I was using the Pixels so we settled for using the original logo from the film which worked just as well.To develop it even further, I animated it in the same way that was done for the Megabot fight which makes it look like he is standing idle.  Having all this on a white background really makes the design pop off the page.


No comments:

Post a Comment