Sunday, May 13, 2018

OUGD603 Brief 4: Shadow of the Colossus Taking the Project Further


Taking the Project Further

After having such a great time designing and creating the Shadow of the Colossus entry and further developing my skills within Illustration, I wanted to take it even further.  One of the main things I liked about the project was bringing the architecture within games, which are normally just in the background, into the limelight.  I found it really interesting that people could instantly recognise my poster and connect it to the Shadow of the Colossus game.   I wanted to push this even further by creating a series of posters that would focus on this aspect of gaming.  The follow up print to this submission was for the Bioshock games which has a very similar, while be it larger, fanbase and community.

Similar to that of the Shadow of the Colossus poster, I focussed on one of the more identifiable aspects of the game which after researching would be the Welcome to Rapture gate at the start of the first game.  This area appears in all three game titles and as it is one of the first things you see in the game it sticks with you after playing it.

This poster took a lot more effort as my tablet was not working over the time so it took a lot longer to create.  As well as this, the Bioshock games have a constant green colour grading throughout the first two titles which proved a lot harder to implement into this Pixel art style than the Shadow of the Colossus print.  After tackling these obstacles head on I am very happy with how this print has come out but due to the time taken to create it, I hope to continue this project after the hand in on 14th May 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment