Sunday, May 13, 2018

OUGD603 Brief 4: Shadow of the Colossus Research


Research




Looking into Matt Taylors work to try and see what he likes, I took to his social media accounts and website to view his illustrations to gain a better knowledge of this judge.  His work is very illustration based with some amazing pieces on his website.  Almost every piece are semi-realistic prints in a wide range of bright colours many consisting of half tones of red, orange, green and yellow with blue here and there.  As my practice has been more graphic design over the first two years I’ve been developing my passion for illustration over this year and seeing his work is really inspirational and his mentality is something I have taken away from this research.





As I entered this competition after the mid point, there was already a range of submissions on Twitter which were a driving factor of what I would like to produce.  Just looking at the submissions already it was clear that almost everyone was focussing on the Colossal Beasts of the game which are very interesting to look at, but for me it seemed like everyone was working in the same sort of mind set.  I wanted to try and make my submission stand out from the rest by making it as different to the other submissions as possible.  This is in no way demeaning the creation and talents of the submissions so far as all the pieces are very strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment